Newsletter 1. Newsletter 2.

The cover of the October issue of The Palm Press

Whew! Glad to get the newsletter out! The volunteers gathered at 9:30 this morning in the clubhouse and by 10:00 all 320 newsletters had three flyers inserted, had a rubber bank wrapped around them, and were distributed into bags for the delivery volunteers – there are seven “routes”. They were augmented today with three ladies who will be involved with an upcoming health fair, which was the subject of one of the flyer inserts. This newsletter is larger than my previous two, at 20 pages. I think that is an optimum size since it seems to give me enough room to express what I want and to report on what is happening. We use the  UPS office near Central and Dunlap; the newsletter is printed with the covers, inside and out, in color and the rest in black-and-white. The 20-page version costs us less than 87¢ each.

The volunteers folding and stuffing the newsletters

That half-hour session is pretty intense. I don’t do any of the folding, but while the others are doing it I distribute newsletters to six bulletin boards, removing the old ones, and I stuff the bags for each route with the number needed for that route.

Once home and after resting for a bit, Elaine picked up Mary McDougale and the two of them distributed the newsletters for two of the routes using our golf cart. While they were out doing that I put the finishing touches on the Violette Family Association newsletter. I had done most of the work on that one earlier. Then later this afternoon I took the VFA newsletter to the FedEx Office store near 7th St and Greenway to set up the Direct Mail operation. It will go out next week, after the mailing list has been checked and verified. We send out about 404 to US addresses and 47 to Canadian addresses. Another 834 will be sent by email.

We went swimming today; we did not yesterday due to conflicts in schedule. It started out nice with temps in the mid-80s, blue skies, and little wind. Before we were done the wind had come up and lifting any part of our bodies out of the water was met with chill. When the wind died down a little we headed for the hot tub, then headed home. It was a good swim.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *