I had added a false floor to the bin Elaine bought to store her Copic pens in, so the whole grillage could be lifted out if needed to access the bin bottom. But she told me a couple of days ago that she was having trouble latching the lid. Today I checked it out and realized that all I needed to do was change the nut and remove the washer that were at the bottom end of the four corner bolts holding the grillage and false bottom together. The original nuts were the self-locking type so were thicker. I swapped for regular ¼-inch nuts and left off the washers and now the cover can be latched in place fine using the blue handles at each end, as you can see in the photo. Continue reading Copic bin fix. Fall flags now. Newsletter printed.
I finally got around to finishing the project on Elaine’s Copic storage bin. She had bought this to store all her Copic pens but found that they slipped right through if she lifted the grillage that holds the pens upright. My solution was to add a sheet of plastic to the bottom of the grillage so the pens would not drop through and a week or so ago I made my first attempt at doing this. Unfortunately my first attempt did not work because I did not cut the plastic square, despite using a combination square to lay out the cut lines. The second time I did it correctly and now she has the bin fixed. Continue reading I finished the addition to Elaine’s Copic bin. Social Club meeting. Breakfast at Moon Valley Cafe. Class at The Paper Collage.
Elaine has been keeping her Copic pens in some plastic boxes that will hold about 144 pens. She has two and they are mostly full so she needs more storage. She recently found and ordered a larger box, about 11×15 inches in size, that will hold ALL her Copic pens plus more that she hasn’t bought yet. This new box will hold 406 pens. She thinks it will be easier to carry the single box and have all her colors available when she goes to a class. And she has A LOT of Copic pens – more than 250 of them, in fact! Continue reading Box for Copic pens. More office organizers. Hotter.
I brought a couple more loads from the motorhome today. I packed five plastic tubs and brought them to the house. I removed the plaques from the front of the Phaeton, and I removed the sewer hoses from the storage tubes under the coach and brought all that as well. I think we can finish clearing the Phaeton with one or two more loads now. We need to get it ready for trading or selling; if all goes well we will deliver it next week. We will need to go through and do some interior cleanup and will run it through a truck wash for the exterior. Continue reading Motorhome clearing. Card class. Breakfast at JB’s.
I posted a couple of items for sale on Craigslist today. One is a golf cart battery desulfator for 36-volt systems (the link is for my craigslist listing). New. Never used. It is intended to keep the batteries from building up sulfates, which can reduce their capacity. I bought this when we had our first golf cart, which had a 36-volt system, but we bought our current one, which has a 48-volt system, before I could install it. I haven’t gotten around to buying a 48-volt version. Continue reading Stuff for sale. New cards.